BGMU is accepting internal and external applications for the position of Special Projects Coordinator through 4:30 p.m. on Wednesday, November 20, 2019. The work schedule for this full-time position is 7:30a to 4:30p Monday through Friday. The Special Projects Coordinator manages a variety of special projects to enhance operations within BGMU’s Water/Wastewater Division. The duties for this position include:
- Organizes and manages projects as assigned.
- Prepares Standard Operating Procedures and other procedural information.
- Researches new technology for potential implementation at treatment plants or within pipeline systems.
- Conducts financial cost effectiveness evaluations of system
- Coordinates with various departments in each project’s information gathering stage.
- Evaluates chemical optimization and odor control.
- Coordinates co-worker committees as related to special projects.
- Researches federal and state regulations to ensure current and future compliance.
- Explores and implements security and energy conservation, power optimization measures.
- Provides instruction/training to plant operators and line crews on technical topics.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Additional work and/or training outside normal work hours may be required.
Requires advanced knowledge of water treatment and distribution and wastewater treatment and collection systems, including their design, operation, and process control. Understanding of hydraulic principles. Requires knowledge of federal and state laws governing utility operations and the ability to perform research and general statistical and quality control procedures. Requires the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with peers, subordinates, managers and administrators. Competency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook software programs, as well as a high level of knowledge of technical documents, system maps, and other work related documents. Requires competency in critical thinking and communication. Complex problem solving skills for reviewing, developing, and evaluating options and implementing solutions. Requires knowledge for analyzing raw data and developing actions plans and schedules to address distribution system needs. Requires advanced knowledge for system evaluation to identify measures or indicator of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system.
Minimum requirements: Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Science, Mathematics, or other related field. Twenty (20) years of practical work experience in regulatory affairs, water/wastewater design, maintenance and operational control, new water/wastewater technology research and application, and economic analysis of utility systems. Warren County, KY residency is required within 6 months of employment.
Preferred requirements: Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Engineering or Civil Engineering. Certification as Drinking Water or Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator.
Applicants must apply online at https://www.bgmu.com/career/job-application/. Applicants lacking a computer with internet access can find these tools at the Kentucky Career Center, 803 Chestnut Street in downtown Bowling Green. This position is open until filled. Full consideration will be given to applications received by 4:30 p.m. on Wednesday, November 20, 2019.
BGMU is a Kentucky Certified Drug-Free Workplace and an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Employer who recruits, hires, trains, and promotes persons without regard to race, color, religion, disability, age, sex, pregnancy, childbirth, pregnancy/child birth related medical conditions, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, or tobacco-smoking status. Minority and female applicants are encouraged to apply.
Job Opening expires at 4:30pm on Wednesday November 20th, 2019